Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Kill Bill... Volume 1




So Reid and I are more than a little behind the times and just watched (for the first time) Kill Bill Volume 1 (yey Netflix!). Reid had wanted to see it for a long time and I had been avoiding it because I was told that it was very violent several times. And frankly I'm not a huge Tarantino fan.

But Kill Bill was a pleasant surprise... Don't get me wrong, I thought all the talk about how bloody it was was justified. But it really was just an updated, realistic Kungfu movie (when someone swings around Samurai swords, and someone else gets hit, he or she really should bleed).

However, as Tarantino never meant for this movie to stand alone (he made the two of them as a serial) I was extremely dissappointed to remember that we have dropped our Netflix from three to two which means we have to wait for this one to get back to them before they can send us the next one.... argh!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting is good for the soul.
Mother