Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oops

Okay, so apparently "very soon" around here means over a week later. What can I say? I got busy. And lazy, both!

The show closed on Sunday. Though our audiences were not as large as I would have liked, we otherwise had a very successful run. I'm going to miss the show a little. But having my evenings free is going to make up for it.

This is finals week. I have three finals, all of them performances with papers tied to them. One tomorrow and two Thursday. Then Thursday evening Reid and I are having the graduating seniors over for dinner. So, today I got up, rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpet in our bedroom and living (and boy did it need it!). Now I'm waiting for them to dry so that I can do some more housework in those two rooms.


In other news, Reid and I have been working towards putting in a garden. Up until this week it has been getting to cold to plant anything. I think in another week or two we should be able to. But, before we could put in plants we had to put up a fence (done several weeks ago when it was still ridiculously cold and we both felt a little silly for being out there).

(Here is Reid pounding fence posts!)


(This is the garden space all fenced in. It's about 24X24!)


Then we had to till the soil and put in the gate. And finally we had to lay top soil. We really need another layer of top soil (and we need to mix in the layer that is out there). I just hate paying for dirt...



(This is Winston's version of helping in the garden... isn't he a big helper?)

(Of course... Winston learned from the pro! Tater!)


And finally... in case anyone wondered whether or not Tater is enjoying having a little brother... here is some proof that he is! After all, Winston makes a great pillow!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on getting through your first main stage!!! I knew you/we could do it!!! Can't wait to trade videos!

Stephanie said...

PS - When school is out we should also compare experiences on the phone.

Alice said...

Well, look at it this way. If Winston is laying in the dirt sleeping, he is not eating apples!

Merrilee said...

Congratulations on finishing the show! And your garden looks great! I'm totally jealous of your fence! And dogs!